Thursday, November 22, 2012

My testimony part 4


Hey all, I've been busy, and kinda forgot that I was doing this... but here's part 4!
In school, I was not the liked kid. I was always picked on, and was the one everyone bullied. My parents have said that if they had the chance, they would have homeschooled me, because the bullies told me I was stupid, and I believed them. I had a few friends when I moved here that used me, and when I needed them, they abandoned me.
I now go back to a bit of Dad's story, because really I had no spiritual life until God got a hold of my Dad's life.
My Dad was not the best father out there back around 7 years ago. He was arrogant, and was harbouring unforgiveness in his life. He was always on the computer, and when he wasn’t on there, he would yell and scream at us kids. He was also very big, as he ate a lot while playing his computer games. He started to work as a concert organizer. He got Southern Gospel groups like the Dixie Melody Boys, and also Steve Green. After the Steve Green concert, Dad lost a lot of money out of that. He barely filled the seats at the place. In all he lost about $15,000 out of my family’s money. It eventually happened that we had lost so much money, we were going to lose our house. It was Mom’s dream house, and she was devastated to hear we were probably going to have to move out of it. The day we got the phone call, Dad went out to the backyard and starting throwing dirt around and was cursing and swearing at God. He blamed Him for everything that was going on. When Dad was finished he went back inside and said to God “OK Lord, fix me, or this is not going to end well”. God started working in my dad’s life, and after seeing the change in my father, I knew there had to be a God who cared enough for me. Of all the things that happened to my father and me, I know He has a plan for my life.
I got into high school, and was doing ok spiritually. I met a guy who moved into our house a few months after I had met him. He manipulated me into doing drugs and alcohol. It wasn’t every day, but I still did it. After a few months I confessed to my father about it. For years I could not forgive myself for what I had done. I had broken my promise to my mother, and that hurt her. My spiritual life failed for those years, and I did not live the way I should have. I wasn’t into drugs still, but I was making other mistakes.
God Bless until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment