Sunday, October 21, 2012

My testimony part 3


Back again.  Here's part 3!
My dad met my mom when he moved to the city she was in, and he was moved here because of his job. They got married after a year and a half of meeting. That same year, Dad went to the same Bible school I just graduated my first year in. He wasn't the best student there, and left with a bad reputation. Actually, while he was in his third year of school is when I was born, the year 1994.

Now I get to start on my own testimony. It's still a little long though. When I was being born, there were some complications that could have killed me and my mother. My shoulders were too big, and by the time the doctors realized this, I was trying to get out. They had to use the forceps on me, and when Dad heard that, he thought the same thing happened to me as had happened to him. My neck was fine, and I was a healthy baby. I was born into a Christian home, and our family stayed at that school until I was about 3. We then moved to the streets of Philadelphia, one of the worst places to be. The night before we left that place, there was a drug dealer killed outside our house, underneath my window. There was a bullet that ricocheted and went near my window, and imbedded in the brick. Investigators said that if the bullet had been any higher, it could have gone through the window and gone through the temple in my head. So it was another time God saved my life. We moved from Philly to Daytona Beach Florida. We went from Daytona to Lancaster where my sister was born. I was saved at about this time, at one of the special weekends at a camp. It was only Dad and I who went, as it was some sort of Dad/son thing. I got saved, and Dad told Mom about it when we got home. We went from there to Georgetown PEI, where I started school, and my brother was born. We went from there to Youngstown Ohio, where Dad helped a black church for a while. We went from there to Nackawic, a little known town. From there we moved to Moncton, where we live to this day. When I was eight, we were in Moncton, and our family was in the car. I started to talk to my sister about different things about God, and I asked her if she was saved. She said she wasn't (she was about four). So in the car, I led my sister to the Lord when I was only eight.
Hope you are following along as I continue.  Until next time, God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment