Sunday, November 25, 2012

What I learned this morning at church

We had a missionary come into our church this morning and talked to us what he did while he was in Bolivia for 10 years.  One thing he said is that there are 6,800+ languages, and the New Testament has only been translated into 3,300 languages.  2,100 languages are still yet to be translated at all.  Every 90 days, New Tribes Mission has another translation ready to go.  One story he shared, he said he was on a short term missions trip with a native Bolivian couple that wanted to go into a rural unreached tribe.  When they arrived in this village, there was a certain verb-tense that had to be spoken to the Chief of that tribe, or you would offend him, and you've lost him.  They spoke through an interpreter to the Chief for 2 hours.  After the missionary spoke with the Chief about the Gospel, the Chief replied "This is Good News".  They had never said the word "Good News" to him, the Chief came up with it himself.  He then said "how long have you known this Good News?"  The missionary replied "All my life." The Chief looked at him and said "Why did you not come sooner?  You have had no excuse to keep this from me and my people."  When I heard that I almost started to cry thinking of that.  He finished, and I was having a rough time keeping my emotions down.  Someone came up to pray for the offering, and during the prayer, he had to pause because he was getting emotional, and that was what made me tear up.  The missionary brought what he needed to say, and he said it plain and clear.  I want to be a missionary, and it has helped me to realize that God wants me as soon as I can to go out to be His servant.  Pray for me as I follow this journey, that God will lead me in the way He wants me to go.  Maybe also pray that He will send you as well.
God Bless.
Kevin
Twitter: @Gods_man1

No comments:

Post a Comment