Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My testimony: Part 1

I'm going to post my full testimony, but in parts.  And on different days.  Stay tuned to hear it all. I feel led by God to share my testimony with you. Now before I start, everything I say here is true, even though it seems like a lot of things have happened to me/my dad. Some things may be a little graphic, so I apologize in advance.

Usually people start off with if they were born into a Christian home. I go back to even before that, to my father's story. Many things happened to my father before I was born that he shouldn't be alive, and I shouldn't exist. Dad's troubles started at birth. It was a healthy pregnancy and all, but when Dad was being brought out of the birth canal, the doctors used too much force on the forceps, and they heard a snap. They had broken Dad's neck. Because of this, Dad was paralyzed for 3 1/2 years, confined to a wheelchair. He also went through numerous MRI's and CAT scans on his brain. The doctors then told my grandmother to find him a nursing home or something, because he was going to be a vegetable the rest of his life, or too hard to handle. The very same day, Nana was carrying him, and by this time he was 3 1/2 years old, and 50 pounds of dead weight. She put him on the ground and cried out to God "I quit! I can't do it anymore!" Now my grandmother is a great prayer warrior, and had been praying for him ever since he was conceived. 5 minutes after she put him on the ground, he struggled to his feet and walked home for 1 1/2 miles. After being paralyzed for 3 1/2 years! He then began to speak in sentences the next week, and one of the first things he said was "it hurts". Nana asked where, and he said everywhere. They took him to the hospital and he had a double hernia in his stomach, and other medical problems. After the doctors dealt with that problem, they did other MRI's and CAT scans on his brain, and Nana was told he had 100% of his brain. A few weeks ago he had only 10%, and then had 100%. 
Next part in a few days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment